Quality and Safety
Since 1985, the Dinno Family has been a trusted provider of pharmacy services, prescription medications, quality supplements, and health, wellness, and beauty products. Our family operates three independent pharmacies in metropolitan Boston: Acton Pharmacy, Keyes Drug in Newton, and West Concord Pharmacy. We highly value our customers, and have forged strong bonds with physicians and their patients. Our pharmacists, and all of our employees, know our customers. We strive to deliver service that is personalized, caring, and professional. Some of our pharmacists have worked at our stores longer than we have owned them. Our Acton and Newton pharmacies offer drug compounding. Compounding, or creating custom medication, is the foundation of pharmacy and goes back to ancient times. Drug compounding serves a necessary and immensely valuable purpose in many ways, including the following:
- Creating medication that works best for the individual;
- Making available needed medications that are in short supply, or have been discontinued;
- Making more palatable – through the introduction of various flavors – medicines that in their commercial form have a disagreeable taste;
- Taking a medicine only available in a pill or tablet form (which some people have trouble swallowing) and converting it into a liquid, topical, or lozenge form;
- Making medications without the ingredients to which some patients are allergic, or in strengths that are not commercially available.
A physician must prescribe a compounded medication. All compounding pharmacies –as is the case with all pharmacies – are required to operate under the governmental oversight of the state board of pharmacy, and in compliance with regulations issued by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Our compounding pharmacy meets the highest standards of our profession. Our pharmacists rank with the most skilled and technically capable in the practice of pharmacy compounding that one can find anywhere.